Parasoft Service Virtualization Review

Supports MessageQueue. Provides the ability to test applications detached from integration middleware.

What is most valuable?

MessageQueue support: Our infrastructure was designed with the ability to detach client systems via MessageQueue queue managers.

How has it helped my organization?

We now have the ability to test our complex applications completely detached from integration middleware. This improves the reliability, speed, cost, and simplicity of testing.

What needs improvement?

JMS Queue Monitoring: When deploying the TIBCO JMS monitor, we saw an approximately 50% failure rate in detecting the desired event. This is probably due to the asynchronous nature of the event itself, and the natural background flow of other events. Though this feature sounds cool, we had to work around it and create a different solution.

I have been using it for three years. I am currently using Parasoft Virtualize 9.10 and Parasoft SOAtest 9.10.

Initially, we had some stability issues due to the fact that we were loading an entire day’s traffic at once. We were able to resolve these issues with Java heap monitoring and tuning.

We had no scalability problems. The virtualized solution is high performance.

Technical support is 9/10, top notch. Parasoft support turnaround is quick, and attentive. They will work through an issue with you to see it reproduced and get back to you with a workaround or future fix.

We did not have a previous solution.

The setup was relatively straightforward, with just a couple quick clarifications to understand the relationship between configuring Development Testing Platform, SOAtest, Virtualize and Environment Manager.

Cloud is the future. Evaluate cloud licensing up front so you don’t have to repurchase new licenses when your company finally lands in the cloud.

We evaluated CA Service Virtualization and IBM Green Hat.

What other advice do I have?

Most folks go in thinking small, which is a good start. However, once you have learned the capabilities of the tool, think big for the best solutions.

2 visitors found this review helpful