What is our primary use case?
Captures and simulates live system behavior from recordings.
- Dependency Removal
- Not yet completed
- Controlled by a third-party or partner
- Available for testing only in limited capacity or at inconvenient times
- Needed for simultaneous access by different teams with varied test data setup and other requirements
How has it helped my organization?
Service Virtualization has provided a way to move forward where we do not find any way to go. Parasoft Virtualization has provided that feature or way, by creating virtual assets and implementing or achieving the real atmosphere through a Virtual Channel.
It captures and simulates live system behavior from recordings.
What is most valuable?
Virtualizing a component or service which does not exist or is under development.
- Broad, flexible support for literal, XML, JSON requests & responses
- Broad, flexible support for Protocol (HTTP, HTTPS, JMS, MQ & for other traffic types such as SQL Queries), Transport & Message Formats (i.e. EDI messages)
- Ability to create data driven responders
- Recording traffic by acting as a proxy and replaying the recorded traffic for quick and easy virtual asset creation.
- Virtualize fills the gap by providing access to their behavior by removing dependency of databases, mainframes, third-party systems, etc.
- No Limitations on Traffic hits per day.
What needs improvement?
There is not much more room in areas of improvement, unlike a Portal-based Virtualization.
I didn't see any updates coming in next releases. Except, sometime we face proxy exception issues, which is already reported to Supported Team.
Overall, It's trusted and working nice as expected.
For how long have I used the solution?
More than five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
No. I did not face any issues regarding stability.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
No. I did not face any issues regarding scalability.
How are customer service and technical support?
As it is a commercial tool, the customer service is good as compared to other tools. I will be assisting the Parasoft Support team soon based on its complexity.
No doubt, it is good and up to the mark on technical side.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
Regarding CI/CD, I have implemented the nightly build jobs through Jenkins, but also through Parasoft Continuous Testing Platform (CTP), where we can implement directly. We implemented the same and also integrated multiple scripts through grouping in Parasoft CTP.
How was the initial setup?
It is somewhat complex regarding its configuration setup with different technologies.
What about the implementation team?
I am working from one of the prestigious client and regarding the level of expertise, they are much better equipped with sound knowledge.
What was our ROI?
It is good, but it also depends on your requirements/strategy.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Advice to others on Parasoft Virtualization is that it is a good tool to be used for Service Virtualization as compared to other tools in the industry.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
I have done some basic R&D and also compared it. I find suitable as per user requirements and easy handle of virtual assets.
What other advice do I have?
If you're looking for Service Virtualization, you can go ahead and use Parasoft Virtualization - Community Edition (Free Edition) with basic features.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Sep 10 2018