Parasoft SOAtest Review
We can load existing .EDN and .XML messages and translate them into segments. Refreshing the software doesn’t work well when some changes are applied.

Valuable Features

• Being able to load existing .EDN and .XML messages and translate them into segments. I can use them to automate the generation of new messages.
  • Generating new messages, based on the existing .EDN and .XML messages, is a crucial part or the testing project that I’m currently in.

Improvements to My Organization

We don’t have to manually create .EDN and .XML messages. We can do this with just one click now. This drastically decreases the time that is required to create these messages.

Room for Improvement

Parasoft SOAtest has an internal refresh function where you can refresh the software to show the changes you’ve made in your projects. Unfortunately this function does not work properly, because it often does not show the changes after you’ve hit te refresh button a few times. I have to restart the software for it to see the changes I’ve made. I have been in contact with the Parasoft Support Division and they told me that it was a known issue and that it has something to do with Java.

Use of Solution

I’ve been using SOAtest for about four months now.

I haven’t experienced any stability issues.

I haven’t experienced any scalability issues.

I would give technical support a rating of 9/10. When I encountered an issue, I could always ask for support from Parasoft and they replied with answers very quickly.

The project hasn’t used any other solution before this one.

The setup was very easy. Just a plain installation on Windows and the activation of the license key are required.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

From what I understand, Parasoft SOAtest isn’t the cheapest option. But it has a lot to offer. We are only using it for generating test messages, but there is so much more that you can do with it. I suggest getting full support from Parasoft.

Other Solutions Considered

I joined my current project at a later stage, but I’m sure that other options were evaluated before choosing Parasoft SOAtest for this project. Unfortunately, I don’t know which other options were evaluated.

Other Advice

You need to check all the features that Parasoft SOAtest offers. If you just need a specific feature from the program, then there could be a cheaper alternative option that works just as well. (This is an assumption.) If you’re looking for a complete testing software/suite, Parasoft SOAtest is a serious option.