Pentaho Review

It's helped us with the integration of Big Data.

What is most valuable?

Speed, performance and for me the best one is integration with any data type, including Big Data.

How has it helped my organization?

We wanted a tool where by using it we could integrate multiple data sets, and could get responsive reports and Pentaho helped us do this in a good way.

What needs improvement?

The presentation of data and reports. Pentaho have made a lot of improvements in the newer versions, but it's still an area of improvement when compared to other products in market.

We have been using Pentaho for over four years, starting from v3.2 we are continuously upgrading to new versions. We're also using Pentaho BI server v4.8.

Pentaho BI server comes with inbuilt Tomcat container which is easy to deploy.

No. So far so good.

No. So far so good.

Being a community user, most of the time we depend on forums and the kind of response we got for tricky questions was just amazing.

We were using Talend but simplicity of Pentaho attracts us and we settled on Pentaho.

It was very much straightforward except at some points where we did our customizations which we had to take into account during new installations or upgrades.

We implemented in-house on our own servers.

We are using the Community Edition of Pentaho.