Prophix Review

It was a straightforward setup, with the exception of the template design for financial reporting.

What is most valuable?

• Budgeting
  • Forecasting
  • Analysis
  • Financial Reporting

How has it helped my organization?

• Budgeting/Forecasting is first and actual is layered in
  • Actual data is imported for analysis and financial reporting
  • Multidimensional architecture facilitates analysis and reconciliation

What needs improvement?

The process speed/integration with sources of transaction detail needs work.

I've used it for three years.

The template design was awkward but it improved significantly with a later release.

No issues encountered.

There was an issue with handling the number of customer/product combinations and had to use an alternative, less integrated, application.

It's excellent.

It's excellent.

We used Oracle's General Ledger Financial Statement Generator. The budget and forecast was imported to a general ledger for financial reporting and analysis.

It was straightforward, with the exception of the template design for financial reporting. Again, this improved significantly with a later release.

We used a vendor team, and their level of expertise was excellent.

No monetary amount is available, but ultimately it is considered to be half of the cost of Oracle Business Intelligence/Planning solution.

• Oracle Business Intelligence
  • Hyperion Planning

What other advice do I have?

Integration with the transaction detail from other sources will be up to the expertise and effort of the customer. Processing speed may be understandably slow with the online manipulation of millions of dimensional member combinations.