Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Very good product but it needs more effective de-duplication techniques

What is most valuable?

Flash Reduce - The data reduction methods employed by the Pure Storage array is one of the best that I have seen.

How has it helped my organization?

The Flash Reduce feature makes use of data de-duplication techniques which in turn reduces the amount of storage required thus reducing the need to procure additional storage.

What needs improvement?

With the introduction of Albireo technology and 81x data de-duplication reduction, Pure Storage better start looking at more effective de-duplication techniques.

I used the Pure Storage All Flash Array over an eight month period.

None whatsoever. The implementation partner was very efficient and knowledgeable.

An initial issue was encountered which had no business impact and was resolved after a firmware upgrade.

None whatsoever. The product functions as designed.

The business partner performing the support/customer service is very knowledgeable and they even perform weekly visits to determine if all is well.

Technical support is very helpful and the relevant Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are readily available globally.

Yes, the cost of the previous product (fibre channel array) versus the cost of an all flash array differs drastically. We were pleasantly surprised that we received fibre channel pricing for an all flash array.

The array setup was very simple. In fact it was one of the simplest implementations I have ever experienced. The installation interface is self-explanatory, even a novice could perform the install.

A vendor team performed the installation with the assistance of an in-house team. The vendor team performed the installation very professionally and have a wealth of knowledge across various vendor platforms.

Yes, we also looked at EMC, VMAX, and Oracle FS1.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good product at a very good price, with very good support.

More Pure Storage FlashArray reviews from users