Pure Storage FlashArray Review
Very good product but it needs more effective de-duplication techniques

Valuable Features

Flash Reduce - The data reduction methods employed by the Pure Storage array is one of the best that I have seen.

Improvements to My Organization

The Flash Reduce feature makes use of data de-duplication techniques which in turn reduces the amount of storage required thus reducing the need to procure additional storage.

Room for Improvement

With the introduction of Albireo technology and 81x data de-duplication reduction, Pure Storage better start looking at more effective de-duplication techniques.

Use of Solution

I used the Pure Storage All Flash Array over an eight month period.

None whatsoever. The implementation partner was very efficient and knowledgeable.

An initial issue was encountered which had no business impact and was resolved after a firmware upgrade.

None whatsoever. The product functions as designed.

The business partner performing the support/customer service is very knowledgeable and they even perform weekly visits to determine if all is well.

Technical support is very helpful and the relevant Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are readily available globally.

Yes, the cost of the previous product (fibre channel array) versus the cost of an all flash array differs drastically. We were pleasantly surprised that we received fibre channel pricing for an all flash array.

The array setup was very simple. In fact it was one of the simplest implementations I have ever experienced. The installation interface is self-explanatory, even a novice could perform the install.

Implementation Team

A vendor team performed the installation with the assistance of an in-house team. The vendor team performed the installation very professionally and have a wealth of knowledge across various vendor platforms.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, we also looked at EMC, VMAX, and Oracle FS1.

Other Advice

This is a very good product at a very good price, with very good support.

3 visitors found this review helpful

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of Pure Storage typically within 24 hours.

2 Comments

it_user234624Vendor

Very detailed statement I can confirm all notes

09 July 16
Orlee GillisConsultant

Have you seen any progress with the solution's de-duplication techniques since you wrote this review?

09 October 16