Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Excellent performance and hardware, technical support is very responsive

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for Microsoft SQL.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution was installed at my organization before I got there but having worked with it in the past, I would say that the responsiveness with any SQL applications has remarkably improved.

It has simplified our storage. It's a "set it and forget it."

It's too early to tell if we've seen a reduction in total cost of ownership. The solution is expensive. It's hard to monetize the difference in performance that we're seeing, but it's obviously there and measurable.

What is most valuable?

Performance is the most valuable feature.

Very stable. I'd give it a ten out of ten.

We've got two arrays. Capacity-wise, we've over-subscribed on storage, so we haven't had to expand them at this point.

Technical support is very responsive. We had an SSD fail and they replaced it within 24 hours.

Previously, we were on Dell EMC. We went with HyperFlex in a hyper-converged environment. We switched because we really wanted our SQL on SSD.

It's expensive, but it's worth it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine because I've worked with NetApp in the past, and other vendors as well in storage. I didn't find the content quite as intuitive as what I got in NetApp but in terms of hardware and all that, it's a 10. It's just that one little issue.

I would advise someone considering Cloud flash storage that it's the way to go, with SQL. Definitely, Pure Storage is at the top of the game for that.

Schedule Now