Pure Storage FlashArray Review

What is our primary use case?

Virtual machine.

How has it helped my organization?

We can quickly roll out multiple instances of virtual machines or flash bank storage than we could before.

What is most valuable?

Speed. Things function pretty quickly for our SAN management team and we've seen a good reduction in the amount of total storage space we're using because of the de-duplication.

What needs improvement?

I rated the solution a nine because I knew about a disc failure, but other than that it would probably be a ten. The disc failures are out of anybody's control. It runs fast, and the SAN manager likes it.

Less than one year.

Good.

It seems highly scalable.

The controller storage warranty or replacement was an issue because they just replace the controllers every couple of years. There is some confusion with pricing and support, so understanding the way the controller replacements work is important to know whether or not you can get a good return on it.

EMC. Then we went with EMC first, which we had a ton of trouble with it and dumped it for Pure Storage.

What other advice do I have?

It simplifies storage. The data de-duplication features make it easier to manage storage and forecast growth.

Request a Demo