Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Enabled us to store more for a cheaper price and has simplified storage

What is our primary use case?

We have bare-metal boxes now so we are thinking of going Cloud. We have to have a hybrid solution because we're closer to the financial industry and we have regulations that require us to have on-premise systems. In that case, we would go with Pure Storage.

How has it helped my organization?

Now we can store more for a cheaper price as opposed to paying for larger devices and larger rack spaces which get outdated sooner and which we'd have to change every two years. It simplifies storage for us.

There has been a reduction in the total cost of ownership. We did a cost analysis before buying Pure Storage. Now with Pure Storage, our developers work a lot faster and more efficiently which has definitely improved our productivity.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the speed, cost, and that we get the best value for the money.

Less than one year.

It is stable.

We switched solutions because we were looking to expand our storage and we looked at various options. We were having an issue with our previous solution in that we had to continuously upgrade solutions and had restrictions of creations of new environments.

We used an integrator for the deployment.

Dell EMC was another vendor we looked at.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight. To make it a ten it would have to be a little cheaper. We want to restrict the data set that's required to be on-premise to be kept on-premise and the rest to be moved to the cloud so that we just pay for what we use.

If you're looking into Pure Storage I would definitely recommend Pure Storage if you have a need of having something on-premise.