Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Cost-effective and integrates well with VMware Site Recovery Manager

What is most valuable?

It does everything they say it will do:

• It's very cost-effective compared to other big players.
  • Adding storage to it after we bought it was not a shocking cost surprise.
  • It integrates very well with VMware as we're using Site Recovery Manager from VMware.
  • It's also tiny, it doesn't consume very much space. We're saving power and space in the data center.
  • It's really easy for us to manage.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the NAS add-on component become more fault-tolerant than just a single virtual machine running inside the array. I'm unwilling to use it for that reason. I have other solutions that work, but I would use it if they had a little bit more fault-tolerance or if somebody explained to me that it's better than I think it is.

It's very stable.

Their support system has insight into errors on our SAN fabric that we can't see. They've brought attention to and raised awareness for us about things that we couldn't see, when we were experiencing problems. They helped us figure out how to fix them, helped us coordinate. They did not need to do that. It's just stellar support.

They're taking really good care of us. Their support is on the ball. They're proactive.

We were using HPE 3PAR, which we liked, but this is much more cost-effective.

We own five Pure arrays. The salesperson came in and set it up for us every time. Note that it was the salesperson who was able to set them up for us.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product to a colleague.