Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Enables all of our applications to perform faster and has good speed, resiliency, and scalability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is for tier 1 critical applications on-premises.

Our organization takes advantage of the VMware integration developed by Pure by integrating with vRealize.

How has it helped my organization?

With this program, all of our applications are able to perform faster and this enables us to provide faster platforms and services to our customers and employees. This solution is, therefore, a huge benefit to our IT organization.

VMware is basically the platform that our entire on-premise residence runs on and we incorporate vRealize, vOperations, and SRM. We're also looking at partnering with a backup solution Zerto, so it just gives us a lot more flexibility.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about this solution, is the speed, resiliency and scalability.

What needs improvement?

In the next version of this program, I would like to see increased security, higher encryption, and faster throughput.

The stability of this solution is extremely solid.

I am very impressed by the scalability Pure offers.

I haven't had any need to make use of the technical support team yet.

We realized that we needed to invest in a new solution when we ran out of space. We didn't really switch over to Pure, we basically just put the non-critical apps on our Unity storage and brought in Pure to be the tier 1 for the performance of critical applications. We had a few programs on our shortlist, like Dell EMC and Pure. We actually have all three on-site currently.

The initial setup was very straightforward and we used FlairTech for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would like to see a reduction in the cost and speed, but I still think that this program deserves a ten out of ten rating. My advice to others would be, if you can afford it, get Pure.