Pure Storage FlashArray Review

It forms the core between our synergy of all our platform systems across the country

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution on-premises and each array has a different use case. We have VDI, SQL, and General and the program provide better integration between the management and visibility of the solution. Our organization takes advantage of the VMware integration developed by Parrot and this gives us a lower level administrative access to more admins that don't have a background in storage.

How has it helped my organization?

VMware is extremely beneficial to our IT organization because we can scale as we increase our usage.

What is most valuable?

The solution has great efficiencies because it has scalability. It also becomes the core between our synergy of all our platform systems across the United States.

What needs improvement?

In the next release of the solution, I would like to see Vormetric native block encryption.

The solution is rock solid. Very stable.

The scalability of the solution is extremely costly.

The technical support is fair and the team was helpful.

We previously used Hitachi, 3PAR, and HP but we had performance limitations.

The initial setup is very straightforward. You simply plug it in and turn it on.

An initial return on investment is easily visible. But scalability to the cost doesn't really show the investment costs. We're investing too heavy on the cost without seeing the value of the array or the efficiencies.

I am not sure what the costs for the solution are but it is embedded in the solution support.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of ten because I saw a lot of growth beyond the performance capabilities. I do, however, want to see improved costs, integration, and encryption. Those are the big ones.

My advice to others would be to use your pre-sale targets as the layouts, as well as all your mitigated controls and requirements. Then forecast the capacity and performance metrics prior to your purchase.

See how Pure Storage FlashArray delivers enhanced performance

Learn about how PureStorage FlashArray can deliver significant improvements in speed, uptime and overall performance. Schedule a free demo to see it in action.