Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Drives down costs and allows us to migrate servers from one data center to another but they should always be improving IOPS speed

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-premises deployment model of this solution. Our primary use case is for virtualization.

How has it helped my organization?

Having fast storage allows actual servers to perform in high capacity so we don't have slowdowns on our applications.

It benefits our IT organization in the way that it drives down costs, allows us to migrate servers from one data center to another, and gives the flexibility that having bare metal servers wouldn't allow.

We run VMware on Pure and our main driver was for cost and performance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the speed.

We are taking advantage of the VMware integrations developed by Pure.

What needs improvement?

As long as they always improve on IOPS speed, that's all we're really looking for. The faster the storage can be the more we can do speed of application and speed of use.

The stability seems good. It doesn't go down very often.

I haven't contacted their technical support firsthand.

At the time we were evaluating a whole bunch of different solution platforms, and a lot of times it came down to use case, workload, and cost.

We are using this solution in conjunction with EMC. We might still be using both for different workloads.

We used a reseller for the integration.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten. It's a solid product but all products can improve. It's technology, it's not always going to do what you need it to do. It can go down from time to time, but it's been pretty solid so far.

I would advise someone considering this solution to talk to a Pure Storage engineer to see if it fits your needs.

See how Pure Storage FlashArray delivers enhanced performance

Learn about how PureStorage FlashArray can deliver significant improvements in speed, uptime and overall performance. Schedule a free demo to see it in action.