Pure Storage Review
It has made working with storage as easy and simple as it should be

Primary Use Case

SAN solution for Tier 1 storage for VMware, Exchange, SQL, and physical servers; trying to fit as much production load as possible on them.

Improvements to My Organization

The speed to deploy or move VMs is ridiculous. By migrating our important systems to the Pure arrays, we have removed any storage issues and questions when there is a problem of "is it the storage?"

The deduplication and compression rates are beyond impressive. The amount of data that I have moved to it from legacy storage has enabled us to retire units that are three or four times the physical size.

Valuable Features

• Ease of setup
  • Migration to it
  • Upgrading
  • Support responsiveness
  • Kick-butt mobile app
  • On box analytics and vCenter plug-in
  • The ease of creating a snapshot for testing or recovery.

I cannot stress enough the stability, speed, and awesome deduplication and compression rates. The amount of data we have moved to it has allowed us to remove units four times the size. The mobile app is kick-butt and support has been topnotch.

Room for Improvement

Mainly, just some nit picky stuff, like allowing servers and volumes to be grouped. Therefore, it would easier to work with them in the GUI.

Use of Solution

Less than one year.

None.

No issues.

It has been great; easy to work with to resolve cases or perform upgrades.

Yes, plainly put, it sucked and we wanted to get to a solution that was fast, easy to maintain, and reliable.

We had issues with it not handling the load and could never trust that it was serving data fast enough to not be causing issues.

Easy as pie.

Implementation Team

In-house.

ROI

• Speed
  • Time saved in management
  • Availability
  • No fingers pointing at storage as an issue.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is a more expensive solution, but it is worth it. You are getting what you paid for. I never have to worry about its performance or if it is the root cause of an issue.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at Nimble and EMC.

Other Advice

I never have to worry about its performance impacting the firm. It has made working with storage as easy and simple as it should be.

I had high expectations and they have met or exceeded each one of them. It was an exciting day when I finally got them up and running.

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of Pure Storage typically within 24 hours.