Qualys Asset Inventory Review

Provides an overview of the inventory assessment process and can be accessed across the company

What is our primary use case?

We use Qualys Asset Inventory for doing infrastructure level scans or server inventory, or saving the server database or asset database.

How has it helped my organization?

Good Posture of Servers database. Gives easy access of all hardware details.

What is most valuable?

I think it's a good tracking mechanism, and it gives a good infrastructure level scan, which helps us to maintain the assets and the asset inventory or gives us a good understanding of both.

It gives a very good overview of the inventory assessment process.

IT Manages assets in your account that you want to scan for security and
compliance, define asset tags and AWS connectors.

Modules supported
VM, PC, SCA, CERTVIEW, CLOUDVIEW

It can be accessed across our company because it's a global tool.

What needs improvement?

One thing that can be improved is the flexibility and the fact that Qualys Asset Inventory provides too much detail, which makes it not very easy to understand. It's not very user-friendly at times and requires in-depth understanding. So, a layman or someone new to Qualys won't be able to easily understand it. You need education to use the solution.

As for additional features, the first thing would be providing call support whenever we require any kind of help with issues that have been identified. The second would be a simple reporting structure.

I've been using Qualys Asset Inventory within the last 12 months.

Stability-wise, Qualys Asset Inventory is always stable, and for this particular asset inventory, it is a good tool. We have not had any kind of issues, and as of now, it's a stable environment.

We currently have 50 plus users and have no plans to increase usage at present.

Most of the time technical support has been through emails; calling is a back feature. It's not as easy compared to that of Veracode.

The initial setup was quite complex and took two to three months, including customization and testing.

The license is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

If you are familiar with or have hands on experience with Qualys Asset Inventory, this is a better tool. It will give you in-depth details of all the assets, and the managing inventory will be better. It will also give you advanced features compared to those of other inventory tools.

I would rate Qualys Asset Inventory at eight on a scale from one to ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Qualys, ServiceNow, BMC and others in IT Asset Management. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.