Qualys VM Review

The reporting features needs to be improved, but you don't need to spend a lot of time on the deployment.

What is most valuable?

The fact that it's on the cloud, so there's no configuration whatsoever on my physical machine except for the VM scanner.

How has it helped my organization?

It now takes less time to run a vulnerability assessment for our client. I do not have to bring two laptops anymore to my clients sites.

What needs improvement?

Maybe the reporting features. It is too granular, so that if someone new wants to get familiar with it, they will have a hard time. A few more tutorials or guide on screen would also be appreciated.

I've been using the consultant edition for two years.

During the internal scanner deployment, but the issue was mostly not the product, but more the network architecture of our client.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

9/10

9/10

Rapid 7 Nexpose. To use the software, it takes a whole laptop just to run it, and the results have too much redundancy. Additionally, the scan rate is very slow compared to Qualys, and furthermore it is too expensive when compared to Qualys.

It's very straightforward. Basically you can scan anything external/internet facing within five minutes. For internal scans you have to deploy the internal scanner which can be done in five minutes if the network architecture is not too complex.

It was done In-house, but the help we get from their Singapore support team is awesome.

• Nessus
  • Nexpose

What other advice do I have?

Use it. It is a great product. Many people are sceptical that their scan results are in the cloud. But if you want something affordable and that works like a charm, go for Qualys. Less headaches and easy to achieve ROI as you don't spend much on the deployment or maintenance.

**Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We have been doing some road-shows, & conferences in Malaysia to introduce Qualys.
More Qualys VM reviews from users