Qualys VM Review

It has a quicker response time to incidents. And it has a stable performance record.

What is our primary use case?

It improves the continuous monitoring of the systems on-premises.

How has it helped my organization?

If any anomalies are there, we can easily detect with our agent based solutions, and we can isolate them quickly, and response time or any incident is much quicker than previous. Before we were taking eight hours, now we're taking around 30 minutes to respond to any incident, security and such.

What is most valuable?

I find the most valuable features are the continuous monitoring.  Even on premises, there is constant monitoring.

What needs improvement?

When tested on Zero day, there were errors.

In addition, they have integrated with other third parties, but it is still not viable. They are using their own Q id's. This sometimes leads to a false positive. And, even the updating of signatures into Qualys is not that much quicker. Maybe for Windows and Linux, it is a little quicker or networks and other devices. The signature updating is not quicker.

I have not experienced issues with stability of the solution. There were a few bugs, but we reported it.

I did not have any issues of scalability.

The tech support acted quickly and responded quickly to our tickets. There was a good response time.

I also have previous experience with Tennable Nessus, and I find Qualys is better than Nessus, which is slow in the security center and lags a bit.

It's good. Yes, it's competitive. We got the best price.