Qualys Web Application Scanning Review

Has comprehensive SSL security measurements but the price should be lowered

What is our primary use case?

For some projects, we will need to use this on-premises. It depends on the confidentiality of our project. For other projects, we will also be deploying on the cloud or maybe a hybrid solution as well.

We are looking forward to having a relationship as a partner with this company and maybe one or two others. We are not just a customer. We have a bunch of freelancers that we are working with in three different companies in Slovenia, Australia, and other countries. We are looking for solutions to make our testing and security checks more affordable.

What is most valuable?

I am not the person who is actually directly testing this. One of the other people from our team is doing that. But I was involved in the selection of what we products we should compare based on available features, demos, and how products appear to meet our needs. What I remember from my experience with Qualys is that the simplicity of exporting reports and the simplicity and clarity of the reports included with the product is good. The website was also well-designed and easy to navigate. The SSL security measurements that the product offers seem comprehensive. But I can not say, at this preliminary phase, that I specifically think this or that from Qualys is the most valuable. It is intriguing enough to make our shortlist and POC efforts.

What needs improvement?

Knowing we are in an early phase of discovery and comparison, it is impossible to know exactly what features may need improvement. Some seem to be interesting, on the other hand. The only thing that is in need of improvement from my perspective at this point is pricing in comparison to other, similar products.

We are in the process of analyzing several products over several months in this category for comparison and proof of concept.

We have not yet had to contact technical support for any reason.

I don't have information at this moment because we are in the process of discovery and we have not fully deployed. We do have a test deployment running.

The pricing of Qualys is quite expensive in comparison with the other products in this category that are offering pretty much the same thing. Pricing is one area of the product that can be improved. At this stage of our discovery, we only know the initial cost is high.

We were testing a lot of products. We were looking for a good product for our needs and for the needs of our customers to scan vulnerabilities. Qualys was one of the products we chose to do further testing with. The testing with data is still continuing and is a process. As we are in the process of discovery now, we cannot exactly qualify our experience with the product.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst ten is the best, I would rate Qualys as a seven at this point. It is difficult to rate Qualys — or even products from other companies — as better than this because we are hearing the same thing from all the product manufacturers before we went into testing. But based on the references from other users about Qualys, our current level of experience, the pricing as we know it and the services that are offered for free, Qualys is a seven.

What we have mostly found at this point is that you can't just install a free trial version of a product and get a complete impression immediately. With some products like Qualys or others in the category, the pricing may not be completely right because there are hidden costs. It could be one solution is not quick to deploy and that seems to make it difficult but in actual use, it is easier than everything else. Some products will be easy to set up and after 10 days of trying to work with it, I might be disappointed because of what I committed to.

Hybrid Cloud