Radware AppWall Review

Stable with high availability and good dashboards

What is our primary use case?

At this moment we have the home web page at the enterprise with an application firewall. We have 21 applications that we need to upload to the cloud. At this moment we have only one, and we working in the next three months to upload at least five more applications.

How has it helped my organization?

At this moment we can tell from the dashboard how our application is receiving traffic. You can look at how many transactions have occurred, for example. We can prevent issues from occurring which helps keep us safe.

What is most valuable?

At this moment we have only used the web application firewall. We have the bot manager too. The bot manager is useful due to the fact that your service is working in preventing the botnet and doing a lot of transactions.

We get some firewall reviews on the dashboard and it is useful for looking for alerts or attacks. It can tell you what the users do in the application and how they're using the application.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

The product offers high availability.

The stability of the solution is very good.

You can scale the solution if you need to.

What needs improvement?

With a good configuration and a good understanding of the application, you can have very good integration with the web application firewall and Radware application. However, it isn't easy. We need to do a trial and try a bunch of settings. The integration process could be a little bit easier and smoother. They need to improve the processes surrounding it. We need to be able to integrate more effectively with the perimeter firewall due to the fact that, if you have many transactions that try to attack the web application, you might have a drop in transactions in the firewall.

We've tried to do some configurations with WebSocket and have had a lot of issues.

You need to have pretty good internal knowledge of the solution.

I've been using the solution for about six months at this point.

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's good.

The solution can scale well. You can integrate with other solutions or configure it to assist in the process. If have more than one application, you can get a contract to upload more.

In my area, there are five people who work directly with the product.

I do not have any information about expanding this solution in the future. I can't say that's on the horizon for us.

Technical support is very good. They respond rather quickly. We are happy with the amount of service they provide. They are knowledgeable and responsive.

There is also information online and within the control panel that can assist users in understanding the product.

We did not use a different solution. We've only ever used Radware.

The initial setup is not complex. It is easy. You have access on your personal dashboard and you can upload the application. After that, you need to change the DNS settings in order to make a point with the DNS portion of the hardware. It's very easy.

The initial setup took about a week due to the fact that the provider needed to make an area where we could upload the configuration. After that, you have one day to make the configuration in the web application firewall. This is the part that takes a bit of time, however, it is crucial for the upload.

You only really need two to ten people to manage the deployment of the process, although there may be other teams involved. You only need one person to handle maintenance.

We had a local partner that assisted us. We had very good meetings and regular contact with them. They provided very easy communication.

We have four licenses for 21 applications. The pricing isn't too bad.

We did evaluate Cloudflare and Akamai before ultimately settling on Radware.

The three options are varied. However, Radware had some extras. For example, the Bot Manager in Radware was included, however, in Akamai, it is on a different part. Cloudflare was more expensive than Radware. There were a few other differences as well.

What other advice do I have?

I'm working with Radware, and we have Forcepoint for a proxy on DLP service.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using. It's the latest version, however, I don't recall the version number offhand.

I would advise other users that the solution is not the best if you need to improve the security in other areas too, however, it helps you to maintain the security of your homepage or your service.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Other
More Radware AppWall reviews from users
...who compared it with Akamai Kona Site Defender
Find out what your peers are saying about Radware, Fortinet, Imperva and others in Web Application Firewall (WAF). Updated: April 2021.
476,163 professionals have used our research since 2012.