Rapid7 InsightOps Review

Primarily used to send alerts and detect suspicious logins, but it is missing some security aspects in the product

What is our primary use case?

I use it primarily to send alerts, or detect suspicious logins, and be proactive in the detection of compromised accounts.

What is most valuable?

All of them. I use it as a security incident and event management system. It has the ability to alert and track logs from different sources.

What needs improvement?

Flexibility. There are a few things I would like to do with a few more complex queries which I am not able to do right now, because it is a SaaS solution. I think it really comes to that. One of the main drawbacks of SaaS is the limited flexibility of its advanced features.

For the security aspects, there are things that all the Rapid7 products have (all the solutions have) that they don't have in this product, or that I have not seen yet.

I have used it fairly recently. We tested it about six to eight months ago. Right now, I have been using it for the last two months.

There have been a few browsers hiccups, depending on the browser. Otherwise, it is fairly stable.

No, as far as I have noticed, I do not have any issues scaling up the product.

Good. I mainly asked for some tech support when I was in the testing phase. I don't really know how to assess it.

I did not need help during setup. I have not gone through any trainings. I only asked a few questions about features and things like that, which may have not been available to me during the testing phase and I have not tried to implement them yet.

I had a previous solution, and I switched to Rapid7 insightOps due to management and costs.

It was really simple. They have some documentation. It is pretty straightforward for the client to install. There are really limited things to configure on their interface.

I chose from a pool of options, some that included all of the Rapid7 products, which were more focused on security. I probably had four or five options which I looked at during the initial process.

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework beforehand to know what you expect from such a solution and how you plan to scale up. Because like any solution, when you scale up, you want to first make sure you have a solution that can handle it, and second, the cost of expanding matches your expectations.