RapidMiner Review

Features Include Cutting-Edge Data Science Tools and Algorithms

What is our primary use case?

RapidMiner is primarily used to develop and deploy machine learning workflows to real business use cases, e.g. predictive analytics, segmentation, etc...

How has it helped my organization?

As a data science consultant, I was able to custom-build a machine learning lead generation (web scraping) tool for a client and have it be operational in 72 hours.

What is most valuable?

1. Availability of cutting-edge data science tools and algorithms
  2. Ease of code-optional GUI
  3. Open Source Java core
  4. Easy integration with APIs, Python, R, cloud storage, cloud computing, etc.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see wider adoption of the RapidMiner platform by the Open Source community as a viable alternative/companion to Python and R.

More than five years.

Superb.

I used to use Excel. It was horrid.

Not at all. Lots of YouTube videos and documentation. Super easy.

RapidMiner has a freemium pricing model so, as long as your dataset has fewer than 10,000 rows, you have free software. There is also free academic licensing for Higher Ed or researchers. For companies, RapidMiner's paid license is much cheaper than SAS, SPSS, or other competitors. You definitely get your money's worth.

SAS and SPSS.

What other advice do I have?

Sign up and read what others do with RapidMiner on the user community (community.rapidminer.com).

Studio 8.0.1
More RapidMiner reviews from users
...who compared it with SAS Enterprise Miner
Learn what your peers think about RapidMiner. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.