Reduxio [EOL] Review

It is superior in its ability to recover from any second

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for the Reduxio storage unit is for improving performance in our virtual environment as well as the added redundancies for recovery. Our school has been virtualized for the last nine years.

Our storage system prior to the installation of our Reduxio unit was comprised of all spinning disk. Ever since the implementation of our new unit, which consists of flash and spinning disk, we have seen an exceptional increase in our virtual computer performance.

How has it helped my organization?

One of my end users had reported that a new document which was saved to their virtual computer's desktop had been accidentally deleted. No backup had been completed in the short time frame between document creation and deletion. I was asked to help recover this file which had been worked on for several hours. In the past, I would not have been able to recover the document, however with our new Reduxio unit in place, I was able to recover the document using the backdating features. In minutes, I was able to recover the file.

What is most valuable?

Reduxio has an interface which is very user-friendly. Its ability to easily connect into a new infrastructure, and in minutes, be online as a new host for my VMware system is like no other storage unit that I have ever managed. Migration from my old storage onto my Reduxio unit was quick and easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

Although, the ability to recover LUNs from any minute is very valuable. It would be helpful to have the ability to recover virtual machines individually without having to restore the full LUN.

The unit has been running at 100% without an issue.

Any time I have needed anything, from a simple question to someone to be onsite, the customer service has been exceptional.

On a scale of one to 10, I would rate the technical support with a nine.

I have used EMC for the last eight years. I switched because I wanted to get better performance and recovery options.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

The Reduxio technician came onsite. They had the unit running and configured in less than an hour.

I did look at multiple solutions. However, the Reduxio unit was superior in its ability to recover from any second.

What other advice do I have?

I sleep better at night knowing that my data is covered, especially in these times of ransomware and zero-day attacks.