Reduxio

Reduxio Review
After a ransomware attack, it took us less than an hour to get back up to production running same as before

Improvements to My Organization

There are so many examples in which the HX550 has made life better for us. From the time it takes to spin up a VM or virtual desktop to the deduplication and compression, to the amazingly slick and easy management interface. I'd have to say at the top of my list is an issue that has or will affect everyone; the ability to combat ransomware. Reduxio fights ransomware like a champ!

We had a ransomware attack shortly after we had implemented the HX550, and with the Backdating feature, we were able to just turn back the clock to the point in time before the infections started and boom! It was gone. No need to set snapshots, no need to worry about last backups, just turn back the clock, and go back in time. It was done. Period. It took us less than an hour to get back up to production.

Just hop in the time machine and off you go. Amazing. This thing is a time machine.

Reduxio allows you just spin a dial and go back to just about any time… in most cases (depending on the policies you’ve set) to go back within one second granularity for a couple weeks in the past. All without setting backups or snapshots. Better yet, the time it takes to clone a volume is only a few seconds (at least in my case, where my largest volume is 2TB). I can’t say how long larger volumes would take, but to spin up a clone of a 2TB volume in seconds is pretty amazing. Think of that in comparison to using a spinning disk or tape backup. To recover all my data and volumes in the past took well over 36 hours and we’re not at all that big of an operation. Now, we can be back up and running within the hour.

Valuable Features

• Backdating
  • TimeOS
  • Deduplication speed
  • HTML5 management interface
  • Ease of use
  • Support
  • Everyone at Reduxio

Room for Improvement

There might be one thing they can improve on. Maybe it should come in stainless steel, just like its DeLorean time machine predecessor. It’s only fitting that all time machines should have a stainless steel option!

Zero.

This thing is huge. Scalability, you don’t need it!

Although, if you did need it to get bigger (we don’t any time in the near future), you can just add another.

Could not be better! Outstanding on all fronts from sales to installation to service to support, Reduxio never fails to satisfy. The entire team is so willing, ready, and able to get in, get their hands dirty, and get things working.

In one word: amazing.

Simply awesome. The support is awesome. They always have the answer. As a matter of fact, support usually knows before I do where there is an issue.

Last summer we had an AC unit go out in our datacenter and the temp began to rise in the room. They called me to let me know that I had a problem! It doesn't get any better than that. It can't. Further, they just don’t stop with troubleshooting Reduxio issues, they dig deep until they can find the core of the problem, even if it doesn’t lie within the HX550. Support jumps right in and gets to work for you to resolve the problem. Problem with VMware? They’ll dig deep into that, too. Microsoft? No problem. If it’s in the way of the HX550 doing its amazing job, nothing will get in the way of them trying to make everything right, so you have a perfect experience with Reduxio. Bottom line at the end of the day, Reduxio wants you to be happy.

Yes, we used an old spinning disk technology. The jump to the Reduxio was a no brainer as it was like jumping into a time machine!

Not only did this technology rocket us into the future with their state of the art storage device, it also allows us to go back in time. With the TimeOS on the HX550, that's what you have now, you have a time machine to go back to about any point in time without setting snapshots or backups.

Actually, the HX550 replaced two appliances for us: storage and backup. You’re not going to find a better or easier backup solution than this. Although Reduxio says it’s not a backup appliance and they say they are in the storage business, the thing just works so well as both it has replaced my legacy backup solution. I still have and use other backup options, but this is just another weapon in my arsenal and the HX550 is my go to when I need to restore something quickly, easily, and completely.

It could not have been more straightforward. The HX550 was up, running, and serving up data and VMs in less than one hour.

Implementation Team

A Reduxio systems engineer came onsite and implemented the HX550. His level of expertise was top notch. He was very knowledgeable and got the system up and running in our production environment in well under one hour. It was a perfect experience from the first discussion about setup and implementation to the actual install, all the way to introducing the HX550 into our production environment and migrating the VMs.

Our system engineer has become one of the family. He’s always calling in and checking in on things. Seeing how things are and how they are working. Then, he checks in on you to make sure you are happy. I could not be happier with the experience and the expertise demonstrated by him.

ROI

This thing has already paid for itself. With the ability to recover from a ransomware attack and restore data within minutes, then be back in production within a couple hours rather than days (or ever!). I’d say the HX500 is pretty invaluable.

ROI? Recovered.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

You will not find a more feature packed, easy to use, high-density storage appliance at a better price.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, Dell EMC, NetApp, Nutanix, and Infinio.

Other Advice

Get one! You need one.

Get a dozen if you need that much storage.

If you’re looking for a low latency, high capacity, dead simple, storage appliance, Reduxio HX550 should be your only choice.

I love Reduxio! I cannot say enough good things about the product, company, and the all the people who work for Reduxio.

Get one in stainless steel...

1 visitor found this review helpful