Reduxio Review
In the event of a deletion, corruption, or ransomware, I am never going to lose more than one second of changes

Primary Use Case

I found Reduxio when I started the search to replace my beloved EqualLogic cluster for virtual servers, virtual desktops, and physical Windows servers. I spent a long time on my evaluation: I brought in HPE SimpliVity OmniStack, Tintri, Pivot3, and Reduxio. The other solutions were OK, but nothing could match the ease of use, performance, and data protection of Reduxio. I have an every second undo button for all my applications. I call Reduxio "the ransomware killer".

Improvements to My Organization

I never have to think about backups again. A few months after implementing Reduxio, I got a request to restore some data related to a former employee. I panicked when I found out my traditional backups were corrupted. Reduxio to the rescue!

Reduxio requires zero upfront setup for backups. I get backups every single second for as long as I want with zero impact to performance. In fact, my storage latency is much lower than my previous Dell solution thanks to Reduxio’s use of RAM, SSD, and data reduction. Better backups and better performance all in a solution that is managed from my iPad and monitored 24/7 by our local Reduxio guys and their support team.

Valuable Features

Backdating: This is Reduxio’s local every second backup technology. It is always-on and monitored 24/7, so it frees up a lot of time that I used to spend babysitting traditional backups.

Value: For less money than my previous solution, I receive way more performance and backup features that far surpass anything on the market.

Simplicity: The other options I looked at required a lot of upfront choices that could paint me into a corner, particularly the hyper-converged choices. I love that I have never had to open the Reduxio manual. All of the RAID, SSD tiering, QoS, local backup, and remote backup features do not require tons of knobs or complex management. The system just works, so I can focus on more important parts of my business while knowing that in the event of a deletion, corruption, or ransomware, I am never going to lose more than one second of changes.

Room for Improvement

I would love an iPhone app to monitor my system from outside the firewall. I am also looking forward to the latest vCenter plugin with more granular reporting and management.

Use of Solution

No. Upgrades are non-disruptive.

We are getting 4.4:1 data reduction, which means we will be able to squeeze over 120TB into 2U. This is more than enough capacity for us.

Performance is also great. Write latency is averaging way under a millisecond: 250 microseconds.

Excellent. I have had support do remote upgrades and also walk me through a VM recovery. Our dedicated support guy is fantastic.

Yes, I was on Dell EqualLogic and switched because the product has been discontinued. I loved the system and spent a long time on my evaluation of new storage solutions to make sure I was making the right choice. If you liked EqualLogic, you will love Reduxio. It has more performance, better backups, and it is even easier to use (if you can believe it)!

Initial setup is straightforward. The local Reduxio and reseller team helped us with implementation.

Implementation Team

We used a mix of a local reseller and Reduxio. Both were superb and happy to help with the other pieces of the puzzle besides storage: server, VMware, and networking.

ROI

The biggest ROI is the every second backup feature. Depending on your cost of data loss, one ransomware or accidental deletion could pay for a Reduxio appliance.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is just like EqualLogic. You can’t get easier than this!

All of their new features that were released following our purchase are free of charge. For example, we are about to upgrade getting cloud integration for free.

Other Solutions Considered

We spent a long-time evaluating other solutions from Dell, EMC, Tintri, PURE, and HPE. We tested Tintri and Dell Unity. After bringing in Reduxio for an evaluation, we immediately knew that we had made the right decision both on paper and in practice.

Other Advice

You won’t be disappointed with this ransomware killer.

2 visitors found this review helpful