Riverbed SteelCenter Aternity Review

It's going to give us an easier capability for monitoring, particularly with implementation of Tableau into the dashboards.

Valuable Features

The dashboards and the analysis tools, especially the navigator, are great features and are very valuable.

Improvements to My Organization

We haven’t changed our version yet, but we are working with newer versions of operating systems. This is what we are hoping to get from it. Maybe an easier capability for monitoring and that’s what this product is going to give us. From what I understand, when we implemented Tableau into the dashboards it really worked well.

Room for Improvement

I’d like to be able to build monitors easier. That has to be an easier process, and they need to make the program less complicated. The documentation could be better. Also, I'd like to be able to download the latest version for testing.

Use of Solution

We've used it for six months.

I think it’s fairly stable. We distribute across various different servers, we shut them down so it works properly. You come in sometimes and it works, sometimes you have to shut it down and then it works again.

We don’t have any problems with scaling. We haven’t really done much with it to be honest.

They are very timely, they get back to us quickly, and they are very good.

Complex. I read the documentation, but it's still complex.

Other Advice

Aternity is end-user monitoring. It can do all kinds of monitoring. All of the other APMs are web-based. This one can do it all.

1 Comment
Engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employeesReal User

Is everyone aware that Aternity now has a User Forum on Riverbed?
You can find it on the Riverbed forumn under SteelCentral and then Aternity
The link is splash.riverbed.com/community/product-lines/steelcentral/steelcentral-aternity

17 July 17