Riverbed SteelCenter Aternity Review

The Desktop Health dashboard gives you the ability to see the trend in health of all desktops in a historical view.

How has it helped my organization?

It improved our connection to other teams when performing troubleshooting tasks. This is huge when dealing with a large organization with multiple tiers of support, and having an end user utilizing an application that could have number of things go wrong. This deep dive can help mitigate the problem and help align escalations.

What is most valuable?

The dashboards of this platform are the most valuable, especially the Desktop Health dashboard. This gives you the ability to see the trend in health of all desktops in a historical view.

What needs improvement?

I would say the reporting capabilities of this product could use room for improvement.I would say the reporting capabilities of this product could use room for improvement. The standard reports that are given are not the greatest, and no custom ones can be created; however, I am told that the latest version of Aternity offers this!

Our only issue with stability was with our previous version, 6.0, and being upgraded to version 8.0.5 was a massive improvement.

I don’t foresee any issues with scalability. We are well aware of the current load that Aternity has on our current infrastructure and we'll monitor how big our environment grows so we can set aside budgets to increase the infrastructure if needed.

9/10. Their technical support is very customer-centric and professional. Their determination is to resolve the problem fast without hindering quality.

We have always used Aternity for end-user monitoring.

It's complex in someways, and our fix to this was to have the vendor perform the installation. We paid a premium for this service.

If the scale of your monitoring will be to go everywhere in an organization, a site license is key.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a 10 because of the way it is able to dive down into the application and report everything that is going wrong with a certain application functions, helping give a full view of the end user’s experience.

Be sure to have a PoC done in a test environment with 100-200 users, if possible, to validate all means of the platform. This will come in handy supporting the tool as an administrator.

1 Comment
author avatarEngineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees

Is everyone aware that Aternity now has a User Forum on Riverbed?
You can find it on the Riverbed forumn under SteelCentral and then Aternity
The link is splash.riverbed.com/community/product-lines/steelcentral/steelcentral-aternity