SAP Business Suite Review
The solution has enabled us to improve process and stocks control, planning and decision making.

What is most valuable?

Valuable for us is the flexibility of the SD module which allows us to address the complexity of this area.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has enabled us to:

• ascertain costs and profitability online
  • improve process control
  • improve stocks control
  • improve our planning and decision making process
  • take advantage of critical information online that allows us to quickly take actions, and so on.

What needs improvement?

We implemented almost all the modules. Modules that don't work so well due to lack of flexibility include:

• Cash Management
  • Maintenance
  • APO.

With the Controlling and Profitability Analysis, we would like to have daily actual margins and we also intend to integrate budgeting process and planning.

We have been using the solution since 2002.

We didn't encounter any issues with stability.

I would rate the technical support at 8/10, as it is good but expensive.

The solutions we had didn't address our business needs in several ways. For ERP we had Baan, for budgeting we had Oracle. For maintenance we had another solution and several more to address some departmental issues.

The setup was very straightforward. A big bang strategy. Five companies at the same time.

At that time, price and license seemed reasonable to us when we compared with other solutions.

I had been looking for a solution for almost two years. I don't know exactly how many potential solutions I saw. But it was not difficult to exclude them because we knew exactly what we wanted to address.

What other advice do I have?

It depends what you are looking for. The questions should be:

• Why do we want an ERP solution?
  • What are the issues we want to address?

Costs vs benefits should be taken into consideration.