SAP BW4HANA Review

Calculates big data and has predictive analysis memory

What is our primary use case?

1.We use it to generate operational analysis for our internal operations, for example, HR analysis, financial analysis, etc.

2.We use SAP BW4HANA to calculate data and feed to Tableau / SAP BO to visualize data.

How has it helped my organization?

1. SAP BW4HANA's memory computing help us calculate into much more detail data  such as accouting document level. And it's very fast.

2. We have capabliity to realize requirements related to big data, real-time anlysis.

What is most valuable?

1.It can calculate big data. One year ago, SAP BW took us a lot of time around four hours to finish our process chains, but now it's better.

2.It can calculate data in detail. Before we could not calculate financial documents and accountant documents in detail, we could not do it at a document level but now we can. This is the most important feature. It also has predictive analysis funationlity.

What needs improvement?

We already had a lot of cubes built-in based on SAP BW.  We hope these BW cubes can support real-time anlysis without migration to SAP HANA modeling.

I have been using this solution for more than one year.

We can draw down to the document level for a document. The problem is that when that document records are bigger than the platform, it causes the platform to slow down.

I have opened tickets with technical support. They've been good. Sometimes they take a while to respond.

The initial setup was complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend SAP BW/4HANA.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because it's expensive and its ecosystem is not very open.

More SAP BW4HANA reviews from users