SAP Lumira Review

What is most valuable?

• Beautiful visualizations
  • Data cleansing
  • Slice and dice reports

How has it helped my organization?

This is a tool that gives more power to the user. Now we don't have to wait on our IT teams to create or change reports. Once IT gives us a static list of ingredients (fields), we can create our own recipes (charts and tables) without further IT dependence.

What needs improvement?

It would be great to have more ETL capabilities so that the user can do more cleansing/mining on his/her side.

I've used it for two years.

There was an issue with non-dynamic charts a while ago when we started, but it’s all good now.

There was an issue with non-dynamic charts a while ago when we started, but it’s all good now.

The level of customer service is good, but the speed and quality of their responses vary each time.

The initial setup was straightforward since Lumira provides direct connectors to SAP HANA. It was really easy to connect and consume live data. s

We had an in-house team and we recommend a migration of the database to SAP HANA to maximize the performance.

What other advice do I have?

Lumira is a really good data exploration tool. Download the desktop tool and give it a try.