SAP Lumira Review

Integration with SAP HANA gives next-to Real-time Performance as long as the data models are not very complex. Connecting to HANA Online mode uncovered a few bugs which were fairly resolved by SAP.

Valuable Features

Dynamic real-time visualizations by connection to real-time databases.

Improvements to My Organization

• Better and faster visualizations
  • Integration with HANA gives next-to real time performance
  • Easy to share

Room for Improvement

A lot of bugs keep coming up when we connect to HANA or create our custom color palette. Also, after coding JavaScript, sometimes the elements get hidden behind the graph and then there is no way to know how to make modifications. Another concern is the security regarding which users are allowed which kinds of data sources. This setting is done on the BI platform. Ours is 4.1 but still, there is security for Hadoop as a data source.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for around a month.

We have encountered no issues with its stability.

It’s a scalable application.

I would prefer more documentation with examples regarding the security and custom javascripts within Lumira. Other than that, the support is good.

I have never used any other product.

It's complex only when establishing a separate Lumira Server and initial configurations.

Implementation Team

We implemented it on our own.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated Tableau. It requires bit of an expertise in the usage of the product. Lumira is easy to understand and learn. Plus the easy integration with SAP. Also, licensing reasons.

Other Advice

It is a product that's easy to learn and understand, with the ability to create dynamic visualizations and various integration options including next-to real-time.