SAS Analytics Review

It provides virtually everything we need to continuously improve our accuracy

What is our primary use case?

Setting national auto insurance rates based on predictive analytics. SAS Analytics supported all data cleaning, historical data maintenance, summary analytics, predictive analytics, and scoring needs.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to integrate all necessary activities, including them in a single, easily manageable process. Prior to our adopting SAS to drive the solution, a combination of database software, manual activities, and custom programming languages were needed.

What is most valuable?

The ever increasing number of functions and analytics which are added to the product each year. They have provided virtually everything we have needed to accomplish our task, as well as continuously improving our accuracy.

What needs improvement?

The company has always utilized user feedback to improve the product and has continuously exceeded my expectations.

The only feature I would like to see them add is one they already have, but in a different product. I.e., I would like to see their interface to R added to either Base SAS or SAS Analytics.

More than five years.

Our previous solution involved database systems and programming languages which were difficult to either manage, modify, or control. SAS Analytics provided a far better solution to all of the above and was far more cost effective.

• Setup costs were quite reasonable.
  • Prices were comparable with alternative solutions.
  • Licensing was rather straightforward.

SPSS, Microsoft Analytics, and IBM were evaluated.