SEEBURGER BIS Review

You can design and create your own business processes.

What is most valuable?

The ease-of-use is absolutely amazing. What I mean is that even if you’ve never worked with their software before, it’s very easy to understand and start working with it and move on to more complex things.

The ability to design and create your own business processes, tailored for your organization’s needs, can be done with the BPM designer.

You can also use your own conversion mappings through the BIC Mapping Designer, which is another piece of complementary software.

This really makes it a whole solution that is ready to satisfy any requirements that your organization might have.

How has it helped my organization?

A big improvement was that this platform allowed us to move away from paper data transfer to digital, even with partners who are not EDI ready. This occurred through the use of a partner portal that made the data easily available to them in a digital format.

The advantages of having everything digitalized are clear and they are covered in detail by all EDI solution vendors, so I’m not going to go into that.

What needs improvement?

Nothing comes to mind at the moment. I would describe it as a very robust solution which is oriented towards ease-of-use. It has small bugs, like any other software, but constant patches and feature add-ons are taking care of that.

The company I work for has been using this solution for six years already, and I have four years of experience with it.

We did have stability issues in the previous version of the software, BIS 6.3.5 Q4. But the newer platform hasn’t shown any issues so far.

At the moment, I would say that we’re not utilizing the platform’s full potential, so a question about scalability is not relevant.

Depending on who is helping you, the level of technical expertise will vary.

As far as the Seeburger consultants that I have dealt with from Seeburger HQ go, I would give them a rating of 8/10.

Frontline support, or first-level support though, gets a rating of 4/10. Most of the time, they seem to be very bad at understanding the critical nature of an issue and they rarely manage to fulfill their own SLAs.

We were using BIS 6.3.5 Q4. The switch was made in order to improve the stability of the solution, as well as to accommodate a higher workload. Also, that platform was reaching its EOL.

The initial setup was quite straightforward. Depending on the amount of data that you need to take with you from the EDI platform that you’re already using, Seeburger also provides consultancy services to help with the transition. Their documentation is easy to read and understand, making the platform easy to setup.

Definitely negotiate. Depending on the size of your organization, you can get some substantial benefits in terms of pricing or services.

Solutions from AMTrix and Microsoft were also taken into consideration.

What other advice do I have?

Even if it’s a good product, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you need everything they offer. Make sure to test the platform out beforehand, as well as many other platforms, and try to find the one that best suits your present and future needs.