SEEBURGER BIS Review

This product brought all our providers together, so everything goes through it

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is EDI. We also use SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) to migrate and transfer files.

We have two systems: development and production. The landscape has two systems and levels.

It is hosted by one of our providers in-house.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, we had different tools going through different systems with multiple EDI providers, like IBM. This brought all our providers together, so everything goes through SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS) now; it provides one point for all the solution providers.

Our reaction time has improved by at least 50%.

What is most valuable?

It is one of our critical systems, and we really depend on it.

The system is user-friendly and easy to maintain, and it has the features that we need.

What needs improvement?

The product can be improved from a support and functionality perspective:

• An improvement should be done to align it more towards modern technology. E.g., if according to other systems, like Microsoft, there are upgrades and updates, the system should be enabled to support the latest upgrading systems.
  • The general support center should have a dedicated person who is familiar with a client's system instead of a general support tech who doesn't really know the client's system.

More than five years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable.

It is not a system where there are a lot of users using it. However, we have a lot of customers, vendors, and warehouse locations receiving benefits from it. We have a few people from our support team who use the system, developers configuring it, etc., and it is used company-wide.

The technical support is good.

There have been some minor issues which have been fixed by SEEBURGER support. They are very helpful when it comes to fixing production issues.

We did previously use other solutions, legacy systems. This was 10 years ago.

The initial setup is complex. However, it is the way it should be. It does a lot, and there is a lot to configure. It is not difficult if you know what you want to configure and what needs to be done. It is not complicated, but it's a complex process because the system is complex. It does a lot of things, so you can't simply plug it in and hope it is going to work. There is a lot to configure based on what you want to do with it.

Our deployment took two to three months.

We are a large company, but we have only two people maintaining and following up on the system.

We worked with SEEBURGER support to do upgrades during the past ten years.

The pricing is not expensive and the licensing is fine. We pay for licenses and support yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product. We use it and we are happy with it. Generally, we have not had any major issues.

Use SEEBURGER for implementation. Do not go with third-party providers.

We don't use Active-Active. It's not necessary for our company. Instead, we use disaster recovery (DR) to help function with our host providers.

We are consistently increasing usage of the product. Currently, 75% of our usage goes through SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS).