SentinelOne Review

The forensics analysis feature provides substantial help in determining the extent of a problem

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for those with access to sensitive or confidential data. The cost of the solution is prohibitive for all of our users, but we do want to make sure that those with access to critical data have higher levels of protection.

How has it helped my organization?

Users who have SentinelOne are very pleased with the solution and its protection, no complaints.

What is most valuable?

The forensics analysis feature provides substantial help in determining the extent of the problem and how it affects the machines.

What needs improvement?

The SentinelOne is one of my daily consoles and I use it regularly to identify the root cause of some infections.  However, when a file is flagged as suspicious it would be very helpful to have the system highlight precisely what event or characteristic of the file SentinelOne considers potentially dangerous.  In this way it would help focus our investigations on the specific characteristics or actions of the file.

We have had 100% uptime with the solution.

Given the way the solution works, I see no issues at all with scalability — both in the number of users or incidents as well as the degree of sophistication of the attacks.

Technical support has attended to our issues quickly and with a good sense of the need to communicate continually throughout an issue.

Yes, we continue to use Kaspersky for our other users.

The setup is very straightforward and simple. Our users who have the solution have spoken so highly about SentinelOne that other users who are not on the target list ask if they too can use the solution.

Our in-house team implemented the solution, working with our local engineers in the different countries where we have offices.

The pricing is rather elevated. However, the solution is the most transparent for the uses I have ever encountered as well as being normally very informative and accurate for our engineers.

We evaluated several other options, including Bromium, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Cylance, Forcepoint, Invincea, and some others.

What other advice do I have?

If you have the budget, this is a top-notch solution. We have used the solution for over a year now, and we plan to continue using the solution for our most critical users (those with access to sensitive or confidential data). Truly an excellent solution.

More SentinelOne reviews from users