SolidFire Review

You can have more tenants and more application with less space and less dollar per gigabyte

How has it helped my organization?

With this solution, you can actually do more with less. You can have more tenants and more application with less space and less dollar per gigabyte. By increasing the utilization up to four or five times someone can get more with less.

In Asia, a lot of people are still using the Fibre Channel and Fibre Channel is actually the best part of NetApp SolidFire. By providing the journey, we enable the customer to actually experience the new technology but without the need to make a lasting investment. We have to transition to the next generation because whatever SolidFire is offering it's not common hyperconverged work. It is actually for the centrifugal outlook but, it is not about the Fibre Channel. It's no longer required, The transition to next-generation infrastructure is where the Fibre Channel switch is required.

What is most valuable?

The quality of service for minimum iOS to maximum iOS in a multi-terminal environment is very powerful. The SQL service feature is the best part of SolidFire.

What needs improvement?

They took away the centrifugal outlook and it is not included anymore which is unfortunate. Additionally, I think there is room for improvement needed with its storage capability. A bigger node is needed.

Three to five years.

The quality of service is unique. There's no one who does it like NetApp. Additionally, we can allow customers to do more with less while using this solution.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I am a reseller.