SolidFire Review

Good resiliency and performs very well without any bugs

What is our primary use case?

I work as a technical consultant and our company are resellers. We sell hyper-converged solutions to our customers. We use mainly NetApp HCI and SolidFire. We use a variety of versions depending on the customer's requirements. Our main use of the product is for ESX environments and Hyper-V environments.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the product is its resiliency.

What needs improvement?

The product does what it's meant to do and I don't think there's any need for improvement at the moment. The same applies to additional features, which would make the product quite expensive and I don't think it requires that. If you add features, you might lose the things that the product is best at. It makes the most sense to let it be what it is. If you buy the solution for its specific purpose it will work well. Once you add additional features like Essex, you diminish the system and that would be a shame.

They could make the mNode more user-friendly. Now you need to configure and add nodes by CLI and it’s not really easy to manage. If they created a web interface to do the management of the mNode, that would be great!.

I've been using NetApp SolidFire ( /products/solidfire-reviews ) for about a year.

The product is stable and performs very well without any bugs.

I believe the scalability of the product is very good.

I've had a very good experience with technical support.

The initial setup is very simple, anyone can do it.

I can't comment on the price of the product because I only deal with it on a technical level.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten.