Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Review

Very stable although it lacks the ability to lock specific objects to specific users.

What is most valuable?

The UML modeling, Use Case Modeling, ability to import custom graphics and map to UML objects, document templates and generation. I would rate the solution as 9/10 as a "project team UML documentation" platform.

5/10 as an "Enterprise Architecture" requirements platform. Mainly as it lacks the ability (or I lack knowing how to) lock specific objects to specific uses.

How has it helped my organization?

UML Use Case modeling with complete requirement statement generation.

What needs improvement?

I would rate EA as a 5/10 as an "Enterprise Architecture" requirements platform. Mainly as it lacks the ability to lock specific objects, object types to specific users or user groups.

I have used it for over eight years.

No. Have deployed in both standalone and team/shared repository environments.

No, the product is very stable.

No. We scaled to a team of about 8 people with no issues using SQL Server as the repository.

I never interacted with Customer Service.. So that speaks to stability and usability.

I never interacted with Technical Support. So that speaks to stability and usability.

Yes, we used Rational Rose and we switched because of cost of prior solution.

Very straight forward.

In house - we have deployed this platform for numerous IT and Business Process teams.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure you have fully reviewed your documentation patterns with the entire team.

More Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect reviews from users