Splunk User Behavior Analytics Review

Great source for measuring customer satisfaction

How has it helped my organization?

In Egypt, we have phones that provide wide internet services to the customer and the customer wants to know what the customer satisfaction and service was. Then, they post on their Facebook or Twitter page to measure the customer satisfaction and after one or two days they start to take the comments and they enter these comments to Splunk and the UBA starts to make correlations and analytics on this data. Finally, the managers or the decision maker get the results, which is wonderful, and the customer is satisfied. These results help to improve customer satisfaction.

What needs improvement?

Splunk can improve the UBA. There are occasional bugs, but they're not so much of an issue.

We can definitely improve the features, but it depends on the customer's needs. We need to modify or create new dashboards that increase the customer's satisfaction and customer's needs. It depends upon the customer. Not all of the pre-defined dashboards are suitable to the customers or the customer needs on the pre-defined dashboard so we can create dashboards that meet the customer needs.

The scalability of UBA is very useful and helpful but in our country, there is no such need. The customers need UBA as latent data storage. They don't know the efficiency and the usefulness of the app but I think in the near future it will have a better use.

The last time we needed tech support help it was in order to restore some data from frozen parts. They clarified that the data was restored and the bug didn't affect restoring the data.

I hope we can increase the free license to be more than five gig a day. This would help people who want to introduce a POC or a demo license for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

It is a helpful tool, especially for customers who deal with the service industry.