Splunk User Behavior Analytics Review

Enables us to look at data rapidly to make a decision

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to support our operations.

How has it helped my organization?

Because of some of the visualizations that we utilize, we are able to understand strange, unusual traffic on our networks.

What is most valuable?

Being able to look at data rapidly to make a decision.

We have seen a measurable decrease in the mean time to detect and respond to threats. We are now 40 percent or more effective or faster.

What needs improvement?

I would like a bit more flexibility on how to configure it. It is still a little locked down, as compared to some open source offerings.

It is very stable.

It is pretty scalable.

The technical support is good.

We invested in this solution because our previous way of doing business was not scalable.

The initial setup was complex because some of the configurations that we required needed customization.

We used an integrator for the deployment. They did a pretty good job and continue to help support the product.

Some of the customization is a bit tedious. You really need an integrator to help you out.

The solution has increased staff productivity by around 20 percent.

There are additional costs associated with the integrator.

We currently have a blended environment of ELK, ELK Stack, Elasticsearch, and Splunk.

What other advice do I have?

It helps us make decisions faster.