SQL Azure Review
Security features should be improved, but it has helped us to reduce a lot of customer infrastructure budgets.

Valuable Features

• Azure SQL database
  • Office 365 mail server

Improvements to My Organization

We are a solutions provider and we have implemented this solution for many organizations. With these customers, we have managed to reduce a lot of infrastructure budgets and to provide an eco-friendly setup. Organizations can reduce, by a lot, electricity consumption and simplify their cooling plant setup.

Room for Improvement

It needs to improve the security features, because people still aren't confident enough to use a public cloud.

Use of Solution

I've used it for one year alongside Office 365 and Windows VM.

There wasn't much except some issues faced when migrating into the cloud.

Not much.

No issues encountered.

It's very good.

They have very good support and lots of online training as well as having seminars and customer support available. I have joined many sessions through the Microsoft Virtual Academy.

We didn't use a previous solution.

It's not complex and, in actual fact, it's easy. Ready made set-ups are available any time.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The pricing is good, but there is still a gap if you are going to manage a large setup and a big growth of an organization. If that's the case, then pricing will be big challenge especially the pricing forecast and your analysis of growth and IT budget.

Other Solutions Considered

I have done some studies of SalesForce AWS among others .

Other Advice

It's a nice, very advanced technology based project that is very secure and cost effective cut edge technology. There are lots of cost and technical resources that can be cut while implementing this solution, to manage cost budget IT infrastructure for any organization.

1 visitor found this review helpful