StarWind Virtual SAN Review

I've used StarWind VSAN for replicating vSphere datastores and in Microsoft SQL and file systems clusters.

What is our primary use case?

• I've used StarWind VSAN for replicating vSphere datastores and in Microsoft SQL and file systems clusters.
  • I used one in mission-critical systems like a call center, SQL, SharePoint, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

My company data is essential to us, and we never lost data, so building the HA storage was our absolute priority.

For the last six years, StarWind VSAN protected our transactions of more than 100 billions of dollars.

What is most valuable?

• Stability
  • Performance
  • Security
  • Easy to solve problems
  • Vendor support always is ready to help :)

What needs improvement?

• Linux version for vSphere could incorporate deduplication.
  • Also, the documentation for configuring alerts in vSphere is not simple.

More than five years.

It's stable as a rock.

Performance is very good but the bottleneck is the network. It is good to have 10gb links.

Very good. I've got standard support but the reaction time is always 1-2 hours.

I used StarWind and VMware vSAN, but StarWind is 10x cheaper and gives us a solution independent from the hypervisor. This is more secure.

The initial setup is easy, but after buying, support can help you with the installation and optimization.

I implemented through my team, but support helped me optimize the iSCSI paths.

StarWind has the best price.

The version for vSphere is very cheap, and anyone interested should buy a three-node version for the test environment.

What other advice do I have?

Thanks support for the quick help: I think you never sleep!