StarWind Virtual SAN Review

Reduces costs by negating the need for additional equipment and services

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is as a virtual storage area network for server clusters and file storage in a production environment for our company.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution reduces the cost of additional equipment and services for the creation and development of corporate infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

StarWind Virtual SAN was designed with virtualization workloads in mind. It employs server-side Flash/RAM caches and minimalist/short I/O path to provide performance unmatched by typical virtual appliances and physical shared storage.

What needs improvement?

StarWind currently has a Windows native application that it uses for management. There is not a web-based GUI at this time. This may be a choice to reduce the services running on the storage nodes but does seem like it would be a good alternative.

More than five years.

I feel that this solution is very stable.

Qualified online support specialists are always ready to help.

We did not use a different solution before this one.

We evaluated VMware before settling on this product.

What other advice do I have?

A thorough analysis and testing of existing offerings in the network storage market has shown that StarWind Virtual SAN is the perfect network storage solution.

It provides the necessary fault tolerance and continuance of business processes.

StarWind Virtual SAN is a very easy-to-use solution that can be quickly and easily deployed and configured without intimate and specific knowledge in the virtualization sphere.

Moreover, the manufacturer's website has detailed documentation that helps to resolve issues. In cases when the documentation is not enough, qualified online support specialists are always ready to help.

In the test environment, the product has shown excellent results and currently is implemented in a production environment.