StreamSets Review

Easy to set up and use, and the functionality for transforming data is good

What is our primary use case?

We typically use it to transport our Oracle raw datasets up to Microsoft Azure, and then into SQL databases there.

What is most valuable?

It is really easy to set up and the interface is easy to use.

We found it pretty easy to transform data.

The online documentation is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

We've seen a couple of cases where it appears to have a memory leak or a similar problem. It grows for a bit and then we'd have to restart the container, maybe once a month when it gets high.

We have been using StreamSets for about one year. We may have been experimenting with it slightly before that time.

Other than the memory issue that we occasionally see, the stability has been really good.

We haven't seen a problem with scaling it.

I haven't had to deal with technical support. We would first check the online documentation or web documentation, and usually found what we needed. We haven't had to call them.

Prior to using StreamSets, we were using Microsoft CDC (Change Data Capture). It was a fairly old product and there were lots of workaround and lots of issues that we had with it. We were looking for something more user-friendly. It was pretty stable, so that was not an issue.

This product was a lot easier to use than the one we had before it. It took us half an hour and we were set up and running it, the first time.

We are running the community version right now, which can be used free of charge. We were debating whether to move it to the commercial version, but we haven't had the need to, just yet.

Microsoft Azure
Find out what your peers are saying about StreamSets, Informatica, Talend and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.