TeamViewer Remote Management Review

Good stability, easy to install, and useful for connecting to remote clients who are not on the VPN and doing direct file transfers

What is our primary use case?

We use it to connect with remote clients who are not on the VPN. We are using TeamViewer 10, which is fairly old.

What is most valuable?

We are able to connect to clients who are currently not connected to the VPN, and we are also able to do direct file transfers between the technician and the client.

What needs improvement?

The price point would probably be an area of improvement with the number of competitors out there offering similar features. TeamViewer usually comes in a little high as compared to other solutions.

I have been using this solution for about three years.

Its stability is pretty good. The TeamViewer 10 servers are starting to be pulled offline because they are being deprecated. We'll definitely be moving on from it. Our security team has asked us to pivot away from it. Other than that, we haven't had any issues.

With this solution, you'll only have a specified number of seats that you can use at any given time. We usually have about two technicians who use it on and off every day. We tend to run out of seats when there are a lot of issues, and technicians are using it frequently with other clients.

For getting connected to remote people who are off the network, this is the only solution that we've used. On the network, we use Microsoft Configuration Manager to have remote sessions on people's computers.

The main difference between TeamViewer and other solutions, such as LogMeIn, is the pricing. They also differ in terms of particular programs for which they are certified, such as HIPAA, SOC 2, etc.

Its installation is fairly straightforward. If the quick support application is already installed, clients just have to open that up, enter in a few numbers, and they're good to go. In terms of installing it onto a client device, we can direct them to a URL to get that installed, and it is not super difficult.

Its price is a little high as compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My personal opinion of it is pretty high. I would rate TeamViewer Remote Management a nine out of ten.

More TeamViewer Remote Management reviews from users
...who compared it with LogMeIn Central
Find out what your peers are saying about TeamViewer, N-able, datto and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: June 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.