TIBCO BusinessWorks Review

Excellent technical support, good high availability and load balancing, good stability, and reasonable price

What is most valuable?

The high availability, tolerance, and load balancing features are top-notch. Its scalability features are also pretty cool.

What needs improvement?

The Business Studio tool can be improved, which is the tool for designing the processes. Improving the Business Studio tool will make this solution more stable.

I have been using this solution for 20 years.

It is stable and reliable.

Its scalability features are pretty cool. Our clients are enterprise companies.

Their technical support is really excellent.

It has medium complexity. It is not easy, and it is also not complex. It is not a one-day training. At the same time, as a developer, you don't need five years to become an expert.

It is usually deployed on-premise. Since they launched TIBCO Cloud Integration (TCI), cloud deployments are increasing.

Its price policy has changed quite a lot in the last two years. It was extremely expensive previously. Nowadays, you can buy a license for BusinessWorks for €2000. Looking at what you get in return in terms of support, TIBCO community, and stability, it is fairly reasonable. It is not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

It is good in terms of high availability and scalability, but for every feature, there are some parameters that you need to use to tune the performance. You need some experience to know exactly what to put and where to put it. It is the same thing that you feel with MuleSoft Eco or WSO2 solution. If you want to tune the performance, you need to play around with different parameters and properties. It is a technical tool, and you need a technical person. I would advise others to just play around. You can download the software and play with it. As with every tool, the more you play, the more you learn.

There are some free solutions, such as WSO2, but if you compare it with these solutions, TIBCO has deployed more applications all over the world. BusinessWorks is more reliable, and its price is pretty fair.

I would rate TIBCO BusinessWorks an nine out of ten.

More TIBCO BusinessWorks reviews from users
...who compared it with Dataloader.io
Find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, Denodo, Talend and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.