TIBCO BusinessWorks Review

A very scalable solution but there is no support for non-technical users

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for the solution is contrariwise integration.

What is most valuable?

Support is the most valuable feature of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs integration support.

Currently, it's all very technical and developer-driven. There is no support for a non-technical user to define the integration process. If there was support for integration for them, it would help them define the integration themselves.

More monitoring would also be useful in future releases.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The current version is stable, but now it's got no support for the newest version.

The solution is very scalable. It can handle a lot. We have encryption plus integration servers running on that platform currently.

Technical support is average. It's not the best.

I've personally used a different solution previously. TIBCO was basically a client requirement. I've implemented multiple integration platforms according to the client's requirements and preferences.

Deployment took over a year. We have about four people that handle maintenance.

Users are only charged a yearly maintenance cost. I'm not sure of the exact amount, but I know it's quite expensive as a solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

In terms of advice, I would suggest anyone hoping to implement the solution do their market research first. There are other products available which are easy to implement as well. Do your research and then choose the best product according to your needs.

I would rate this solution six out of ten.