TIBCO BusinessWorks Review

User-friendly and has good scalability options

What is our primary use case?

BusinessWorks is the regional and official software of the company.

What is most valuable?

In terms of valuable features, it has transformation, change, and other features.

It is user-friendly, it's not complex.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, for our requirements, it's good enough. Everything that we like to do, we can find it available on the platform.

Features that could be improved are its transformation matrix; the support for other communities. They don't support out of the box - you have to buy adapters or you have to have the technology.

I have been using TIBCO BusinessWorks for five years.

In terms of stability, we don't have any serious issues so far.

I think the scalability of TIBCO BusinessWorks is very good. We have about 90 million messages per day. They intend to increase usage because sometimes during peak hours all the resources are being used.

I'd describe technical support as average. Average to superior, because they are not excellent. Sometimes they take time to read the overall issue. Overall they are great.

The initial setup was not complex. It took around 2 to 3 weeks.

So far there have not been any other costs besides the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be that they don't go with TIBCO 5 but to go with TIBCO 6. TIBCO 6 is richer in terms of integration technology and has more modern architecture.

On a scale of 1 - 10 I'd give TIBCO BusinessWorks an 8.