TIBCO Spotfire Review

It supports scripting for better analysis.

What is most valuable?

• It has the best types of visualisations.
  • We can do lot of scripting for better analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

I am giving an answer that considers one scenario. For example, we have health care client. They need their standards as high as possible all the time. For that reason, they want to know their drug risk level calculation for every time zone throughout the world. I developed one dashboard that can show them their drug risk level and calculate new risks, etc., whenever they required.

What needs improvement?

Room for improvement is in comparison with another tools. I need to see more options that do not require scripting in the tool, and I need more enhancements on the statistical server side. The reason is that for some every-day, simple things that are directly available as options in other tools, we need to script them in Spotfire.

I have been using this solution for the past two-and-a-half years.

I have not encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

Technical support is really good. For every TIBCO product, there is a community where we can post our questions and get answers from experts from throughout the world.

I worked for three months on Cognos. Compared to it, Spotfire is easy to learn and we can develop wonderful visualisations.

In Cognos, it took too much time to run the reports. In Spotfire, it takes a lot less time.

The server setup and all remaining installations are very easy. There are many sources in Google to get solutions for our queries and also many docs exist from TIBCO.

I have implemented everything on my office machine. I would like to suggest that if we are not able to provide the exact solution for a user’s needs, then we have many options in this tool to provide the best solution.

What other advice do I have?

Those who are willing to make analytics easier with better understanding, this is the best tool and it is the easiest tool to learn quickly.