TIBCO Spotfire Review

Reports that had been tabular are now intuitive and automated. It saves a lot of effort, time & money. I would like to have built-in "event-based" automation.

Valuable Features

The product’s most valuable feature is its integration with HTML, JavaScript and R, because the integration makes all impossible stuff possible with Spotfire.

Improvements to My Organization

Many reports which were tabular in form are now very intuitive after being converted to Spotfire. Also, they are automated, so it saves a lot of effort, time & money.

Room for Improvement

I would like to have "event-based" automation (without integrating with other tools), e.g., send an email only if some event has occurred.

Even though we can cascade the drop down property control, having a drop down filter would help a lot.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for 3.5 years.

Technical support is good.

I have also used Tableau, which is another wonderful tool for creating reports. But Tibco comes with a complete suite of products. Spotfire can be integrated with other tools in the Tibco suite.

I can't say; I’ve never had an opportunity to install & configure the server.

Implementation Team

I can't say.

ROI

It is worth investing in Spotfire.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I’m not very sure if there is any, but there should be a product with no licensing cost - such as Tableau Reader - that can be used for reading the Spotfire files.

Other Advice

Spotfire is a wonderful product with vast reporting and analytical capability. You must try this solution if you are looking for a tool for developing reports.