Tibcosoftware

TIBCO Spotfire Review
I have used it to develop visualizations that have identified historical trends that allowed an organization focus its operations to reduce injuries.

Valuable Features:

• Ability to handle large amounts of data from multiple sources and quickly visualize it for users.
  • Connectivity to widely used data management (MDM) solutions in place in most organizations
  • Easy to train users in how to use the dashboards, visualizations and maximize their performance as users

Improvements to My Organization:

From a safety standpoint, I have developed visualizations that have highlighted trends in past history. When identified, they helped the business determine where to put more focus and consciousness in operations so that they can reduce injuries.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see improved mobile capabilities.

I would like more functionality in the formatting of the pages so that they can have more of an application with the look and feel of other custom-developed solutions with the organization.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for eight years.

Deployment Issues:

I have never had issues with deployment or scalability, TIBCO offers different versions to fit customers’ needs (desktop, web based, etc.).

Technical support is average; however, the user conferences that are held regionally and nationally provide a lot of value.

Previous Solutions:

I previously used Oracle OBIEE. We switched because:

• Development time was too long.
  • Overhead of resources required to maintain it was too high.
  • Spotfire will offer very fast enterprise data and visualization capabilities in a short amount of time.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup is straightforward; there are downloads that you perform in order that make it easier than it used to be, but it is not quite plug and play for an enterprise implementation.

Implementation Team:

I implemented it with an in-house team.

You may not need one, but establish a contact number at TIBCO for extra help should you encounter problems.

ROI:

ROI depends on the maturity and adoption of the organization. Spotfire can have an exponentially higher ROI than what it costs, if implemented well, adoption programs are in place and users are trained.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Users can license and download directly from the TIBCO website and be active within minutes.

Other Advice:

I highly recommend Spotfire.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About TIBCO Spotfire?

Our experts can help. 222,350 professionals have used our research on 5,674 solutions.